calvin business program – getting started in business
The goal of the Business Apprenticeship Program is to assist the citizens of San Andreas with gaining the knowledge needed to run a business, it may be that you wish to trial a business on a small scale, but you may have limited experience, capital, time or have a non violent/drug related criminal record.
Under the BAP program, the government will provide a list of business that can be applied for – these business will contain the following:
- A small location where you may Buy/Sell Items – or a Food Truck
- A list of predefined items – max of 8
- A small storage space
- A job that allows you to hire employees and keep track of hours
- A tablet for monitoring employee hours
- A start up fund of $5000 to purchase initial items
- Spreadsheet templates for keeping track of sales
- Coaching with a business manager from CALVIN
- Dedicated help section to talk with other members of the BAP
The government will not provide the following:
- A warehouse
- Custom clothing
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Cinnamon Rolls, Bread Pudding, Cake Pops, Croissant Sammich, Hot Apple Cider & Unicorn Hot Chocolate
Food Truck - Pizza
The Classic Margarita, Hawaii, Meat Feast, The Smokey Pig, Sweet Banana & Chocolate, Root Beer, Mr Popper and Ice Cream Float
Food Truck - Taco
Pork Carnitas, Quesadilla, Beef Taco, Veggie Burrito, Chicken Nachos, Pineapple Juice, Watermelon Juice and Lemon & Limeade
Food Truck - Poke Bowl & Sushi
Pork Poke Bowl, Spicy Tuna, Simple Salmon, Go Fetch Me Tempura, Chicken Teriyaki, Yasmine Tea & Boba Tea
Food Truck - Fish & Chips
Classic Fish & Chips, Battered Sausage & Chips, Potato Scollops, Meat Pie & Chips, Fukka Pie, Fried Earth Bar, Lion Bru & Creature
COMING SOON - Store - Furniture
Build custom furniture for peoples homes
* Images do not represent the final product..
The DOJ is committed to assisting members of the city to experience how to run a business in a simplified manner – as we are putting our time towards this, we expect you to do the same. In particular the DOJ will require you to commit to the following:
- Staying active in the city and having your business open a minimum of once per week
- An initial trial period of 1 month – at the end of this time, either the registrant or the DOJ can walk away from BAP with no repercussions
- Attending the coaching sessions and ensuring limited documentation is kept up to date
The requirement for joining are:
- The applicant must be 18 or older and have been resident in the state for 1 month or more
- The applicant must have monetary collateral of $5,000 and be able to prove stability with banking information. This ensures that you are able to cover all costs and wages for the first month. In the event of employees raising a claim for non-payment of wages the Department of Justice will seize the funds to pay the employee plus an administration fee.
- The applicant must not be currently running another business or co-owner of another business.
- The business must not involve, condone, or support criminal behavior.
- The applicant must make an application via the form on the website – you must include the following information:
- Full legal name, Date of birth, Full photocopy of driver’s license
- Intent for use: public or private
- In the event that a BAP registrant’s visa is revoked then their entry to the BAP is revoked immediately.
- BAP Licenses may be transferable in some circumstances.
- In the event that the owner changes their legal name for any reason then this must be made aware to the court immediately.
- All businesses must make themselves available to the Department of Justice for inspections of property, services and documentation.
- The owners or co-owners can not be convicted of any Violent Crimes or Drug related crimes. If you have this on your record, you MUST obtain an expungement, you will then be eligible for the BAP.